Had bought a ticket to Independence as I thought I had a place to camp. But Campus RV Park has a no tents policy except they allow the Santa Fe Trek camp there en mass. So I am back to meet up with the trans am from the Katy. I am hoping I can avoid the mushy Katy and more rain by short cutting to Sedalia. By all looks, however, the ground here in Sedalia looks saturated as well. But it is higher and more open.
Got off train in Sedalia with partly cloudy sky and sunshine. Looked a lot better than this morning’s rain.
Went in to station waiting room and put on sun screen with great hopes of still making Clinton at about 35 miles. Didn’t happen. On the nose a 12 mph wind gusting to 20 took the life right out of me. So I am in Sedalia hoping for a better day tomorrow.
With the sun, wind and higher ground maybe the trail will dry out. If not I am taking to the asphalt.